Planning is the key to business success, and it all comes together in a detailed business plan. This 3-hour workshop is designed to give you, the business owner, the skills and know-how needed to write a successful and detailed business plan, which will cover these main topics:
· Describing your product or service.
· Describing your product pricing, packaging and distribution.
· Describing your marketing plan.
· Describing your business operations.
· Describing organization structure and management structure.
Lastly, you’ll take all this information together into developing a financial plan that will provide you and others the information they need. You’ll know the amount of startup funding needed. You be able to project sales and create forecasted profit and loss statements and plan your cash flow. Creating effective financial information can make or break a loan application, so this workshop is particularly valuable to anyone seeking outside funding for their business.
If you need to create a formal business plan we recommend you consider taking some of SCORE’s Small Business Essentials Workshops before you take this workshop. They provide detailed instructions on creating plans for most of the items needed in a formal business plan.
SCORE’s Small Business Essentials Workshops prepares individuals to make the right decisions and create actionable plans when starting a small business. Whether you are starting a business on your own (one-person business) or a business with employees, we have the right set of workshops to help you succeed. All the workshops are about three hours in length and taught by experienced SCORE Mentors. See more information on these workshops here.
Listen to what others who have attended this workshop have to say about the instructors and the program:
· Really breaks down how to make a business plan. Very understandable.
· Gave me great ideas on how to move forward on my business.
· Super friendly and engaging instructor – keeps everyone very attentive!
· The workshop materials were very helpful, and the class discussions were great.
· The instructor’s thoroughness and attention to detail was superb.
This workshop is presented by Carrie Callaway Cardy. She is a VP and Senior SBA Relationship Manager at KeyBank. She grew up helping out her family’s business and understands the impact business ownership can have. As a result, Carrie has a passion for entrepreneurship. She has a Business Degree from Richmond University in London and a Master’s degree in Public Policy and Community Economic Development from the University of Minnesota. Carrie volunteers regularly mentoring and teaching in the entrepreneur space most recently teaching classes for the Start-Up 425 program.